Women facing an unexpected pregnancy often feel incapable of raising a child. They wonder about finances, childcare, being a single mom, and medical care.
All of these are valid concerns. We want you to know you can be a successful parent! We’ll show you how.
We know you have real doubts when it comes to parenting, and that’s normal. No one feels ready to parent—no matter how prepared you think you are.
Parenting takes patience and a lot of willpower, but it is possible. There is strength in knowing people and organizations want to help you be successful.
Do I Have What It Takes to Be A Parent?
No one will ever tell you parenting is easy. You’re never ready despite all the books, podcasts, and websites. Because each child is unique, parenting must be unique too.
We’re sure the idea of parenthood feels overwhelming, but take a step back and ask yourself some questions:
- Would I have the support of the birth father, my parents, or my friends?
- Will I have somewhere for my baby and me to live?
- What type of income do I have?
- Are there resources available to me?
- What will my future look like?
If you’re struggling to answer these questions, we can assist you.
At Pregnancy Center West, we intend to support your family and help you become the best parent you can be. Our caring team can give you the necessary tools with education and mentoring.
Parenting in School
As a pregnant student, you have rights determined by the federal government through Title IX. The U.S. Department of Education prohibits discrimination—including pregnancy and parental status.
Your school can’t prevent you from attending classes, student, or extracurricular activities. Your school must excuse absences due to your pregnancy or childbirth.
Here are some of the services we provide to support you in your parenting journey:
- Parenting Classes
- Mom’s Group
- No-cost peer counseling through the Eve Center
- Material support like diapers, toys, baby clothes, and gift cards
- Referral for prenatal healthcare
- Housing information and referrals
- Referrals for community resources
- One-on-one mentoring
It is possible to be a successful parent, and we can show you how! Schedule an appointment to learn more.